Saturday, May 25, 2019

Getting my Ears Pierced!

Okay, so I know what you might be thinking. "This girl is in Korea and almost 23 years old and doesn't have her ears pierced?" Well I do. I got my lobe ear piercings at a Clare's store in the Mall when I was 10 years old. My mom recently reminded me that my ears got infected and took a really long time to heal, so she was kinda surprised when I wanted to do it again. I actually forgot all about that.

A few years back, I had decided that I really wanted to get second holes in my lobe of my ears and get a helix (which is on the upper outside part of the ear) on my right ear. For multiple reasons, nothing too specific, I never got it done in college. When I got to Korea, I new that eventually I needed to go and just have it done. I had wanted it for so long. Eventually around March, I decided I really just wanted to get it done. I waited until it started to warm up (because hats) and I would get it done the next time I was in Seoul. Well that proved to be harder than I anticipated. I just forgot to plan before hand.

So when I want to Seoul last weekend for a friend's birthday, I made sure I wasn't going to go home that night without new piercings. I told my friend and her Korean girlfriend and they actually ended up being really helpful, so after a fun day at a delicious restaurant, a fishing cafe and a dessert cafe, they actually took me to where the places were in Hongdae. We first went to a nice place, that didn't have very many people in it, and we figured out why real quick when we looked at their prices, and we ended up leaving and going to a place across the street that was significantly cheaper. I wish I could remember the name of the place because the lady was so nice and the prices were so good. Three piercings plus jewelry was only about 32,000 won. I even convinced my friend to also get a helix piercing. The girlfriend was really squeamish, but we were both really tough and I personally didn't think it really hurt that much.

I love the piercings. Though its a bit difficult to sleep, since I sleep on my side, so I'
ve been using my neck pillow so my ear can be in the hole and it cradles my head. I'm so glad I have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Adventures