Monday, July 9, 2018

First Days of Orientation

It's hard to gather into words the feelings that I am having right now. Excitement, nervousness, anxiousness, happiness, sadness, thrilled. It is the end of day two, and I feel like I've been here for a week at least. I think not sleeping for over 24 hours, and the 14-hour flight has something to do with that feeling, but the Orientation Coordinators really like keeping us busy. I've already attended several Korean culture and language workshops as well as had my Korean language placement test. I managed to get placed in the intermediate level class. I'm still not entirely sure how I pulled that one off.

The Korean food here has been impressive. I had not had any experience with Korean food before, so it has been really cool trying different things, even if I have no idea what it is. Even more fun is trying to pick it up with the chopsticks. I have tried so many different foods since getting here, and despite the spiciness of some dishes (a lot more than I want), I have really enjoyed it. The picture is of my first breakfast here.

Regardless, it has still been awesome to be here. As soon as I get past the jetlag, I can begin experiencing South Korea. I can't wait to see what orientation and my grant year has to offer me.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My Adventures