Friday, August 31, 2018

My First K-POP Concert!



This post is going to be short and sweet. Over the weekend I went to the Leasure Sports Festival in Chuncheon and it was actually a lot of fun. I saw Taekwondo demonstrations, people climbing up a rock wall and falling into the water when they couldn't make it to the top, and these really talented BMX riders from several different countries like Japan, China, and the Philippines. It was a lot more interesting than I thought it was going to be and I actually wish I had been able to stay longer than a few hours.

That evening there was a K-pop concert to kick-off the opening night of the festival. There were so many bands there ranging from very new to huge fan bases. I will definitely be looking up a few bands that were there in order to learn more about their music. I enjoyed their songs. I also got to go with one of my other Fulbright teachers and a few EPIK teachers. It was really fun talking to other native English speakers, especially after a full week with my host family.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Adventures