Thursday, November 29, 2018

Halloween in the Classroom


As excited as I was to spend Halloween with my host siblings, I was even more excited to teach my students about Halloween. Since they have had three previous ETAs at my school, I figured they didn't need a full-on history of Halloween. Instead, I decided to do a lesson all about monsters and talking about the different monsters in English. Where they lived, what they did, what they looked like, etc. 

So, I did a PowerPoint with different monsters like vampires, mummies, zombies, Big Foot, etc. So we spent about 20 minutes going through each monster and had a big discussion about them in English. I was really surprised how fantastic they were about coming up with the information about them. 

After we finished the PowerPoint, I had each of the students create their own monster. The monsters that the students created were so fun and awesome. They were very creative. Some of the monsters were cute, some were scary, some were real monsters, and some were completely out of their own minds. 

I also wore my own costume that day, and the kids absolutely loved it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Adventures