Saturday, June 1, 2019

Botanical Gardens in Korea

Anyone who knows me, knows that I love nature. I just feel at home there. I grew up in a rural area, and it just makes me feel at home to look at trees and flowers and water. That is one reason I specifically requested to teach in a rural area instead of a city. I just could never survive in a city. It's just too suffocating.

Sometimes, even when I live in a rural town, I want to look at even more nature. 

One weekend, I was really bored and found a botanical gardens in Chuncheon. It wasn't big but it was cheap and I could just go and enjoy a day out. It was so relaxing. The flowers were just starting to bloom, there was a rock garden, and it was just a nice way to spend an hour out of the house. 

But this little garden wasn't enough. I had to go to the biggest one in Korea.

The Garden of Morning Calm. 

I had wanted to go there during the winter, because they had a light festival, but I didn't get to go. When I found out there was a spring festival, I had to do. So a few friends and I went out to the gardens and walked around. It was so big and so beautiful. I could have gotten lost in that place and stayed there forever. I plan to go back in the fall for the colorful trees and the winter next year for the lights. I know it will take my breath away again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Adventures