Friday, November 29, 2019

Introducing My New Host Family

As I previously mentioned, I moved to a new homestay this year. My homestay family from last year was great but due to some personal reasons, they chose not to host again this year. Oddly enough, the host family I was placed with was the one that hosted the other ETA last year. And over the past few months, they make me feel at home in their house.

So its time to introduce my new host family!

Let's start with the parents, Lucia and Chan.

Lucia has everyone use her English name which I thought was odd at first but I've gotten used to now.

Lucia is a sweet woman who is constantly worrying about everything, trying to make sure everything is good and everyone is happy. Her English is really good so I can actually speak to my host family this year. She is so interested in foreign culture and she loves to talk to me about what I think about one thing or another. She is also happy to hang out with me whenever.

Chan is an awesome dad. Right now he is on leave from work as a farmer, so he is taking care of the kids full time. He works so hard all the time and he is so sweet with the kids. Sitting down every night with the older two to work on homework or extra studying. He is a quiet man and likes to read especially non-fiction.

The oldest kid is Gaeun. She is about to finish third grade. She is so sweet. She is a really happy kid who loves to read and draw and speak English with me, and shes into fashion. Just like with her brothers, she loves to sing, and sing very loudly. She is just getting into the age where she wants to hand out with her friends after school and on the weekends. She is like a second mom to the boys too. She is a really good older sister.

The middle boy is Jeong-Hyeon. He is the quintessential middle child. Always craving attention. He loves to dance and sing and put on a show to anyone who will watch. He is still young, he will enter first grade next year, but he is not interested in school in the least. I have a theory that he would make a great comedian when he grows up.

The youngest is Gang-Hyeon. He is just barely three years old and still a baby and so cute. He's really young so he doesn't have too much of a personality beyond just being a really happy child. I feel really blessed to be watching him grow up. He's so cute. Gahh.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Adventures