Monday, December 23, 2019

Christmas Cookies!

One of my favorite things to do during the holidays is the Christmas baking. Last year, I wasn't able to bake, so I made fudge with the kids instead.

This year, my host mom and I decided that we wanted to try our hand at baking with the toaster oven that she has. I bought some box mix (sadly) and a chocolate project and we and the kids had a blast making a mess of the kitchen and eating a lot of chocolate while with baked.

We made two different types of cookies and tried our best at decorations without cookie cutters or anything other than sprinkles. While those were in the oven, the kids covered everything in chocolate.

I had bought this box kit with little biscuit sticks and melting chocolate. I melted that down and decorated all the sticks. The kids weren't done there. We then decided to make the chocolate that we melted for the cookies and dipped strawberries and marshmallows on them. It was a messy and delicious evening. And the snacks lasted a whole day and a half in our house of chocoholics.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Adventures