Tuesday, June 20, 2023

I'm Back!!

Ever since I left Korea in March 2020, I've wondered if I will ever get the opportunity to return to the life I had, teaching abroad. Living abroad. Having those experiences that I loved. 

Well, I'm getting that opportunity again. 

My fiancé is a civilian who works for the US Air Force. He has gotten a job at a base in Japan. And I'm going with him!

My hope is that I will get a special education position on base at one of the DODEA schools on base. I'm so excited to spend the next three years exploring and living my life in a place completely different from my own. 


The last days of work at my school were bittersweet. I was so excited about the prospect of moving to my next adventure, but at the same time, I was leaving all of the relationships I had made over the last three years, especially the last year. COVID was an extremely isolating time, so I didn't make a lot of relationships within my school. This past year, I feel like I have become closer to significantly more people than before. 

I am really excited to start this new adventure. I'm packed; I got my ticket and am ready to go!

Things I'm excited for:

  1. All the natural beauty
  2. Temples and Shrines
  3. Stationary!!
  4. Learning to drive on the left
  5. Adventure

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Adventures