Friday, February 22, 2019

Jeonju Here I Come!

The farthest I got away from Hwacheon during the winter vacation is Jeonju. I really wanted to visit another ETA during my vacation as it was quite a distance and she made the trip all the way up here during festival.

Saturday morning, I set out on my 4 hour journey from Chuncheon to Jeonju. I was so happy to finally arrive and to get off the bus. The nice part about the Korean public bus system is that they do take a break at one point during the trip, but it's still a really long time to spend on the bus.

When I finally arrive, I meet up with my friend and we walk to her apartment. Afterwards we make our way to the Hanok Village. This is a traditional are of Jeonju that has traditional houses and is a really famous place to rent hambok and take pictures. We didn't do that, but there were a lot of people there that did. The place was beautiful and I really enjoyed looking in all of the little shops. We taste tested some treats and teas that these stands were selling and had a really good lunch. On our way out, we stopped in a shop that is known for its Mandu (dumplings) and a little cafe that is famous for its chocopies. I had some great food while I was there.

Because of some obligations at school the next day, I had to leave and make the long trip back on Sunday afternoon, so I didn't actually get to spend a lot of time there. I would love to go back and get to try some more food. We ended up walking around the shopping area for a bit, stopping in a Vietnamese place for brunch and a bakery to buy some sweets. We finally settled in a cafe for a bit to talk before having to go back to the apartment to grab my bag and head back to the bus station, where I had to spend another 4 hours on the bus to go home.

I loved going to Jeonju and visiting my friend. I really want to go back before the grant year is up. I just hope I get to stay longer next time.

Sorry for the lack of pictures. I was so caught up, I forgot to take any.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Adventures