Saturday, January 4, 2020

6th Grade Graduation

A few days ago, I taught my last class for the 2019 school year, and yesterday, I said goodbye to the students that I started with. My 6th graders are charming, and smart and enthusiastic. They are also brats and made me want to pull my hair out or duct tape their mouths... or both.

As I stood in the back of the gym, I thought about all of the days I've taught these kids in the past year and a half. Each student that walked across the stage is someone that I've talked to, worked with and that I care about. I am so proud to have seen these students reach the end of their time in elementary school.

After all the students did the walk, some fifth and sixth graders performed. Usually, it is just dancing, which is always so good. I'm amazed every time by the talent of these kids, but we also had some play instruments and had a few fifth-grade boys who decided they wanted to rap and sing. It was so cute. I had to put my hand over my mouth so that I wasn't laughing in the video I was taking. It was so cute.

After the performances, the students are dismissed and I tried my best to congratulate and give hugs to as many students as I could. When I hugged Siyeon (my old host sister), I couldn't help but start to cry. I was so proud of her. So proud of all of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Adventures