Friday, January 10, 2020

The Garden of Morning Calm- Light Festival

Yes, I went back to the botanical gardens.

I can't help it. I love them.

This time I wasn't there for the flowers. In the wintertime, the arboretum puts out a spectacular lights display at night. It was something I really wanted to go to last year but I didn't get a chance to go. So when the festival rolled around again this year, I was determined.

I ended up going with two other ETAs in Hwacheon. Since school is over, we are working half days right now so we decided to leave after lunch. We ended up shopping in Chuncheon for a bit and finally headed over to the gardens around sunset. It took almost an hour to get there by train and taxi.

We could see the lights from a distance and it was so beautiful. There were arches of lights and little houses and a whole sea made of lights. It looked like the perfect place for couples as well. There were a lot of really romantic spots  I had so much fun walking around and taking pictures. My phone didn't though. It decided that it didn't want to be cold anymore and died. I was very happy I brought my portable charger, or I would have had to walk home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Adventures