Saturday, August 17, 2019

AND...............We're Back!!!

After a looooooong flight, I'm back in Korea and ready to hit the ground running this year. As a second year, I didn't have to come to orientation until the second to last day. This was wonderful for my vacation since it gave me about a month home, but it's not great for meeting and getting to know the first years. I think this may be more important, simply because the number of renewees is minimal compared to the amount there were last year. And by that I mean, my cohort had about 80 people in it last year. A group of people that got to know each other and bond over the 6 weeks at orientation, but this year there is a new group of 80 strong and just us few who are left from last year. We are given 24 hours to get to know a whole new group of people. Regardless, it was still really nice being able to go home and then being back at Yonsei for a day. I was able to meet the new ETAs that will be teaching in Hwacheon, including the other ETA that was placed at my school. They are all so kind and I'm so excited to start working and hanging out with them. It also feels a bit odd since I have already been here for a year so I'm their friend but also a pseudo-authority on Hwacheon.

I think I'm really ready to tackle this year. It feels almost like last year was a tutorial and this year I am actually playing the game. But that just means that I have more places to see, things to do and memories to make. I think I'm ready. We'll just have to wait and see on this one I suppose.

This year, I'm also teaching 5th and 6th graders so I'm sure I'll have plenty of stories to tell from there as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Adventures