Wednesday, August 28, 2019

Back to School Again

So I started school again about a week ago. But I haven't had any classes yet! I'm actually kind of bored. There is only so much that a person can do in a day to prep for classes. Just like with the semesters prior, I have a whole new schedule. But this year, I am teaching 5th and 6th grade! I get to keep my darling 5th graders that I have grown so close to in the past year, as well as get my 6th graders back. I taught them last fall when they were in 5th grade.
My schedule is jam-packed, though. I have 4 classes back to back every day and 5 on Fridays. This is because I have 7 classes total, and each class meets three times a week.  On the other end, I don't have any after-school classes this semester. I couldn't have any because it would have put me over my 22 contracted hours. I will be a little sad to see it go, but now I can put all my attention and energy into having really good classes. And because of this, I will have at least 2-3 hours every day of solid desk warming time. I can plan lessons, make games, and do whatever else I want! Which includes studying Korean, but you know how that goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My Adventures